Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Video of Staple Removal

Today was staple removal day, as you know. The YouTube vidoes are ready.

First, before you watch the video, I'd like you to first watch a video of our dog, Spunky. This will prepare you.



Now that you are prepared, here is the real deal. You can hear me talking to one of the PAs, Josie, about this blog. There was a recent episode of House where a patient had a blog. Now I'm the patient!

Though, unlike the House episode, I'm smart enough not to ask all of you about what I should or shouldn't do about my ankle. Then again, I wasn't smart enough to avoid an immovable tree on a snowboard. Go figure.


Some of them hurt, some of them didn't. Look how she gets her arm into it and really wiggles the staple remover to get them out. Apparently, when they removed the staple from the right side of my foot, the wound opened up to reveal ground beef. And apparently that was just fine. I don't understand medicine.

You may also notice she's holding gauze against my leaking, bleeding, draining foot. It was really going by this point.

Good day out there today. Good day.

3 comments:

  1. Your blog is like a car wreck. I know I should avert my eyes, but I can't look away.

    So glad that you're healing, Tony! Also glad to hear that ground beef ankle is normal. (I think I just threw up a little bit in my mouth.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad everything looks so good! -ott

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait a minute. Let's go back and listen to the Spunky video again. Are staples the only thing they removed?

    ReplyDelete