Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Visitors

My Dad took a picture of all of us last night during our quick visit with Crystal, Lindsay, and Troy. I wasn't really involved in a lot of the conversation at the time. It was my first dose of most of my oral pain medication -- and it essentially knocked me out. Thanks again for coming out to see Team Meehan!

Josie, my Physicians Assistant, came by this afternoon to talk to us about the operation and the plan moving forward. She hooked us up with my hardware (I'll upload the pictures later tonight) and spent time with us to answer our questions and tell us about the stupid things I said after I woke up from surgery.

Apparently, when I first woke up, I gave everyone in the room a thumbs up and told a joke that was not funny. I usually don't throw the thumbs up so freely, but I do tell a lot of stupid jokes. This was a very good sign that I was recovering nicely.

Josie also told us that I did a good job of bleeding out of the iliac crest incision. I have a nice, fat hematoma just under the skin. It feels like a water balloon is on top of my hip under the skin. It was well worth it, though, as the piece of bone Dr. Buchanan extracted fit perfectly into the tibial gap.

Of the three surgeries we've had so far, this one has been our favorite. But we're definitely glad to be home and in our own beds. To everyone at the Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Center in Arlington, thank you so much for all of your hard work and patience with my hilarious jokes.

No comments:

Post a Comment