Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Fall Risk!

Apparently, just by looking at me, the nursing staff here at Virginia Hospital Center have determined I'm a high fall risk. In order to warn the others, I am forced to wear this attractive bracelet at all times.

I've known for most of my life that I'm constantly at risk for falling. It's the reason I'm here in the hospital in the first place. Finally, though, I now have an effective communication tool to notify the public of my condition.

I really could have used this technology six months ago.

The local wore off around 5AM this morning. I've been close to getting behind in managing the pain, but fortunately I've got Brooke to help argue my case for the meds I need.

I'm not used to my new metal shoe yet. It doesn't help that it's covered in a large amount of someone's blood -- hopefully my own. It weighs about the same as my boot but it's much more cumbersome. There are 14 pins in my setup. Of those pins, 12 go all the way through the ankle and foot to the opposite side. I'll take more pictures later and put them up.

In the meantime, Brooke and I are going to hang out and try to avoid falling.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.5.2

No comments:

Post a Comment