Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Reveal

Today was the first time I got a chance to see the wounds from the August 16th surgery. Dr. Buchanan said I could return to work as soon as I felt up to it. That's great to hear, because I'm running low on leave.

I also received my bone stimulator. It's a small device I wear on the ankle for 30 minutes a night to stimulate growth. I have no idea how it works, so I'll have to do some research to figure out why it's not the same thing as magnetic healing bracelets.

Here's the pelvic incision. I broke out in some kind of rash, but now that I'm no longer wearing a bandage here, that should go away. You can tell that the person (Josie) that sewed this incision up was just a little bit of a perfectionist! Look how perfectly spaced out the stitches are.

The top incision was stitched together without any staples. The stitch work here doesn't look pretty, but it gets the job done.

The fibula incision was put back together with staples.

I have a small amount of swelling, but all in all my foot looks great.

You can see one of the two incisions on the left side of my ankle where two screws were removed.

Here are two of the incisions where two screws were removed.

This is the right side of my foot with four pin sites.

The top two large pins were oozing a little bit of blood.

Here's the top incision. Dr. Borden came in to see all the work we did get destroyed. Everyone in the clinic has just been awesome. I go back again next week just to make sure things are healing nicely.

5 comments:

  1. Ok, I'll admit I got a little nosh at the pics...but I held it together. Look forward to seeing the pics as it heals!! It looks like you got your foot caught in a lawn mower. But the alignment did look good. Take care of yourself...sending mom that way in the morn and hubby in a few days. Love you and prayers are continuing for fast healing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I amost just vomited but it looks like it is coming along nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. why is it that i always look at your pics on my lunch break??? My Spaghetti and meatballs will never look the same to me again...by the way NOT nearly as good as Toni spaghetti!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Come on, guys! These pictures aren't THAT bad.

    Okay, I actually did get a little nauseous when I was up close with the ankle for a while. I had to ask a nurse for some water and stop looking at it for a while when I was taking pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah seriously, I think these are the grossest pictures to date. I think this was the first time I've gotten a little nauseated from your blog. Nice work, buddy! :)

    ReplyDelete