Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I Don't Get It

I need someone who is smart to explain this bill to me. We received another statement from Virginia Hospital Center. First of all, the bottom line is we still owe them nothing. That's good.

What I don't understand is the "Hospital Charges," and "Late Charge Discount" for $19,505.90 and -$19,505.90 respectively. What exactly is happening here?

Is this a late fee that the hospital has charged for the bill not being paid yet? If so, that's a huge fee!

I don't understand you, American health care system.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm...no idea. And that's sad, since I'm an accountant. But good thing you don't owe them anything! I was explaining to a person here in Norway how much Americans pay in premiums for insurance, then the fact that they have to pay pretty large amounts out of pocket if they go to the hospital, and I think it was too much for them to fathom. It felt even crazier explaining it to someone else.

    ReplyDelete