Saturday, July 31, 2010

Response To Your Comments

Gigantic thank you to everyone for your emails and comments. I read them all and appreciate each one. I wanted to take a moment to respond to everyone that left a comment earlier in the week.
illicit snowboarding said...
Wow. That's some really harsh news. Feel for you.


I'm worried that it really looks this is was caused by to too much pressure too early. Looks like there's been weight on the ankle before the bones had a chance to join up. Did they do a scan to check the healing process before you started weight bearing?
I had an X-Ray a few weeks before I was given permission to bear weight on my ankle and start physical therapy. From those images, Dr. Buchanan felt it was time to increase the pressure on the bones to strengthen them. There's an excellent chance this would have happened had I waited another month before bearing weight. Nothing ever really healed, so it would have fallen apart eventually. It makes you think, though. What can we do differently this next time around to avoid another catastrophe like this?
otter said...
Tony, you're still in all our prayers. We know you'll pull through this. If you need anything, don't hesitate to let us know.
Thanks, Matt. We really appreciate it. I need a beer.
luke said...
Man, that sucks. Sorry to hear it. Hope and pray some good treatment can be done. :(
Second time's the charm.
Lindsay said...
I'm really sorry to hear the news, Tony. You've worked so hard and showed so much patience with your healing and progress. Thinking about you and praying for better news with the blood tests and scans. Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help you and Brooke.
You can help us by taking care of Brooke. She's taking care of this guy and needs all the support she can get!
MA said...
Tony, That news more than sucks!!!! Your Dad called me this am and I talked with your Mom this afternoon. Is your Orthopedist Matthew M. Buchanan from Virginia? Just trying to find him on the web....Love, MA
Aunt Mary Ann, you are correct. My surgeon is Dr. Matthew Buchanan at the Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Center in Arlington, VA. As soon as this situation gets fixed I think we owe you guys a bunch of visits.
Aubrey said...
Oh man, I'm so sorry, Tony! You know the news is bad when one of the funniest people I know (that's you) can't find a joke in there somewhere. We're thinking about you and praying for better news in the future. Hugs for you and weird European cheek kisses for Brooke. (Because that's NEVER awkward...) :)
Thanks, Team Pettyjohn! We hope Kate is doing okay! We don't do European cheek kissing here. This is America.
Jessie Case said...
Tony, I'm so sorry to hear this! I have been praying that you'd make a full recovery...and that will happen just not as fast as we'd all like. Please let us know if there is anything you need- there's always fedex- they ship cookies, right
?
Cookies are always welcome in this house. Keep in mind that I'm going to be on my butt for a very long time, so I have to watch my girlish figure.

I didn't upload this picture from Wednesday. There's really nothing going on here -- fairly boring. That giant thing hanging off of my first metatarsal is called a sesamoid bone. It's purpose is to look out of place in X-Rays.

No comments:

Post a Comment