Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Let's Do This

Dr. Jeng and I exchanged a few emails today.  I wanted to double check he was still comfortable with me rolling in with my tripod and camera tomorrow morning to capture the surgery.  He came back with, "Yeah that's cool. Met a patient the other day that is following your blog."

Whomever you are, there's no pressure to speak up. I'm just glad you found the blog!  As you probably have discovered, Dr. Jeng rules.  The dedication and attention he and his team bring each day motivate you to do the work necessary to prepare for visits.  If you've got an iPad, bring it in to show him pictures, x-rays, CT scans, and videos if it's your first visit.

I bring it in each visit with a written list of questions, concerns, and ideas for addressing my ankle issues in the short-term and in the long-term.  During our last visit, he was wondering what the joint looked like before we performed the distraction procedure to compare the differences in the subchondral bone of the tibia and talus.  

With the iPad, that was a quick and easy image to dial up and show him.


Here's the last picture I'll ever take of getting legally stabbed.  The condition of second-most proximal pin site on the lateral side of my tibia has deteriorated since I stopped taking antibiotics a few days ago.  The hole around the site has enlarged and today I discovered it has started bleeding.

I also noticed that some of the sites on the lateral side of my forefoot are leaking milky and clear fluid.  So, it is about time these metal pins and screws come out of my leg.

I'll let you guys know how it goes as soon as I come to from the twilight anesthesia.

No comments:

Post a Comment