Friday, October 1, 2010

High Five!

Well, it looks as if the odds of having a fracture somewhere in my thumb may have just gone up. Check out the sweet color of my thumb.

No, seriously, because I can't. I'm color blind. In fact, please comment on the colors you see and describe them to me.

That's a bit bigger from yesterday. The crutches on the left are a different set. I decided the tread on my crutches was a possible problem, so I rotated my tires.

I'm no thumb anatomy expert, but shouldn't that knuckle be a little bit more to the left?

I scheduled a visit with my family physician for Tuesday to get an order for an X-Ray. Unless you can't stop the bleeding or you are dying, there is really no need to hang out at an ER. I'm doing my part to help cut down on the large quantity of people visiting America's emergency departments for no good reason.

The pain level is at a 6 out of 10 when I try to bend it. Time to do a splint upgrade.

The good news is I can continue to crutch safely. I can put all of my weight on my hand and still hold my crutch with the webbing of my thumb.

The bad news is that this is my spacebar thumb. My words per minute is going to go way down.

2 comments:

  1. If I were you, I would seriously consider wearing a helmet and a cup...you never know what might be next!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I have yet to take my first class for my medical degree, but that thumb does not look happy - especially the one with the knuckle off center - ugh! And 6 out of 10 on the pain threshold does not sound good either. If it is broken, do you think you might get a matching bear trap for it?
    Hang tough!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete