Monday, October 18, 2010

Please Remit Payment

We just got our first bill from the Orthopedic Foot and Ankle center after the third surgery in August. One of the things that's fascinated me about the last eight months (and by fascinated, I mean caused me much anxiety) is how much it costs to snowboard into a tree.
  • $101.00 - X-Ray Exam of Ankle
  • $2,500 - Treat lower leg fracture
  • $3,450 - Apply external bone fixation
  • $2,075 - Remove bone for graft
  • $2,100 - Removal of internal fixation
This comes to just over $10,200. Fortunately, we only have to pay around 10% of that. I've lost track of how much our insurance company has paid for hitting that tree. But thanks, guys!

My friends (so-called) at work were successful in getting this blog Google bombed. The search terms are unmentionable.

No comments:

Post a Comment