Sunday, October 23, 2011

Pin Site Healing and Timeline

Pin Site Healing

Above, from left to right, is a picture of my second-most proximal pin site on the lateral side.  The first picture was taken on October 20th and the last one was taken today.  You can see how the site is healing nicely, though on a weekend, I'm not walking nearly as much.

Snowboarder vs. Recovery Timeline

Today I spent some time creating a timeline I of my recovery since my accident in February 2010 twenty-one months ago.  Laying it out like this helped me put things into perspective.  This injury, and this blog, started almost two years ago.  It's a daily struggle, but somehow, with great friends, family, and my awesome wife, we've managed to have fun with this stupid ankle and keep an optimistic attitude.

I'm still working on putting together a summary of the research reports I dug up earlier this month.  It turned out to be a much bigger project than I had originally thought.




Lastly, here's a video taken today of the most proximal pin site on the lateral side.  It's still weird to me how loose the skin is around the site.

No comments:

Post a Comment