Friday, October 28, 2011

Caught with my Pants Around my Ankles


It's getting colder up here in DC.  I usually wear gym shorts to work, but today called for breakaway pants.

Breakaway pants, particularly as they get older (I've had today's pair since last year), can become dangerous.  The buttons, as they wear and tear from continued use, don't always stay buttoned.

Today, at work, I got up from my chair and my pants felt, well, let's say, a bit loose around the waist.  As I took a step forward, my pants fell straight down around my ankles.  Simultaneously, a friend of mine, Dan, approached my desk to see what time we were going home today (he was my afternoon ride).

Yep.  He saw the whole thing happen, from start to finish.  Dan couldn't stop laughing and all I could say was, "well, I never thought something like this would happen to me at work."

Fortunately, it was late in the day on a Friday -- around 6:00PM, so not many people were around.

But part of it is unfortunate.  Had more people been around, I would have gotten a lot more laughs.

No comments:

Post a Comment