Thursday, September 29, 2011

Walk This Way

The pin sites are looking great.  They've scabbed up nicely and there is no more drainage.  Today, Dr. Clifford Jeng gave me approval to begin walking on and moving the external fixator again.  This is great news.


Here are a few pictures of the pin sites taken today.







I've streamlined pin site management and care down to the bare essentials.


Scissors, tape, latex gloves, rolled gauze, saline wound wash, large gauze pads, hand sanitizer, and a TV remote control.


Here's a video I took today trying to produce some drainage around one of my pin sites.  As you can see, it's bone dry!  

I've also successfully captured an awesome noise that my external fixator makes depending on how I bear weight on one of the rings around the proximal part of my tibia.  I sent this off to Dr. Jeng this evening to prove I'm not crazy.


Don't worry, it does not hurt.  I'll have to keep an eye out on it as I start walking again.

Now I just get to sit back and start annoying my wife again with constant ankle movement while I sit on the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment